invalid location provided
|Ceelo Green and world series mvp Pablo Sandoval headline judges panel for 2012 miss universe® competition live december 19 on NBC|
|Thursday, 13 December 2012 17:50|
NBC, Donald J. Trump and Paula M. Shugart, president of the Miss Universe Organization, announced today the celebrity judges for the 2012 MISS UNIVERSE® Competition, which will broadcast live from Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on Wednesday, December 19 at 8 p.m. ET (tape delayed PT) on NBC with a Spanish simulcast on Telemundo.
The distinguished panel of judges includes:
· CeeLo Green, Singer-Songwriter and Coach of NBC’s The Voice
· Pablo Sandoval, Two-Time World Series Champion and MVP with the San Francisco Giants
· Nigel Barker, Photographer and Host of Oxygen’s new series The Face
· Diego Boneta, Singer and Actor best known for starring role in “Rock of Ages” film
· Scott Disick, TV Personality from the E! Network
· Brad Goreski, Celebrity Stylist and Star of Bravo’s It’s a Brad, Brad World
· Chef Masaharu Morimoto, Star of Iron Chef and Award-Winning Chef
· Ximena Navarrete, Miss Universe 2010 and Face of L’Oreal
· Kerri Walsh Jennings, Three-time US Olympic Gold Medalist in Beach Volleyball
· Lisa Vanderpump, Star on Bravo’s hit series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and new series Vanderpump Rules
“For the first time ever, the Miss Universe telecast is a holiday special and what better gift to give to our fans than an amazing panel of judges,” said Shugart. “These talented individuals will have the task of selecting the next Miss Universe so we are excited they will be a part of this worldwide telecast. We also want to welcome Timomatic who will perform during the show and Jeannie Mai who returns as commentator.”
In addition to previously announced Train, the world renowned contest adds a second musical performance from Nigerian-born Tim Omaji, better known as Timomatic in his home country of Australia. Timomatic made his mark in 2009 as a contestant in Australia’s So You Think You Can Dance and later in Australia’s Got Talent. These appearances landed him a deal with Sony Music Australia releasing his now four-time platinum debut single, “Set it Off,” which he will perform during the pageant.
Returning to the Miss Universe telecast is Jeannie Mai of Style Network’s “How Do I Look?” as a commentator. Mai will take viewers behind-the-scenes engaging with contestants, talent, and fans
- continued -
- 2 -
throughout the telecast. She joins previously announced Andy Cohen, host of Bravo’s “Watch What Happens: Live,” and Giuliana Rancic, co-anchor of “E! News,” who return to share hosting duties.
New to this year’s Miss Universe telecast, fans from around the world can ask a Final Question via twitter by using #AskMissUniverse in the days leading up to the two-hour telecast. One lucky fan’s question will be read to a Top Five finalist during the interview competition. In addition to the final question, twitter integration will include fan’s comments and reactions during the telecast.
Fans have also been able to vote their favorite contestant into the semifinals at the Miss Universe competition. Voting is taking place now through December 18 by logging on to http://www.missuniverse.com/ or http://www.telemundo.com/.
Throughout the Miss Universe competition, 89 contestants will compete in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. The telecast will conclude with Miss Universe 2011Leila Lopes of Angola crowning her successor.